Tasba Raya Adventist Ministries: The mission of the Tasba Raya Adventist Ministries is to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ among the Miskito people group, facilitating the sustainable development of their total spiritual, physical, mental, Educational, and sociocultural health and well being.
To accomplish its mission the Tasba Raya Adventist Ministries will:
- Promote Bible-based standards of moral values
- Maintain the uniqueness of the Miskito culture
- Portray the love of Christ by a humble spirit of service
- Facilitate and assist in providing primary health care to the six villages in the Tasba Raya area by:
- Training and assisting local health care workers
- Providing needed medication, supplies, and transportation to treat acute illnesses and emergencies not cared for by local health care providers.
- Provide Christian education K-6th grade
- Promote community development by:
- Operating maternal prenatal clinics with checks and education
- Maintaining child growth, immunization, and nutritional records
- Establishing a community census including birth and death statistics
- Improving sanitation and hygiene by drilling wells and building latrines
- Providing vocational education to supplement family incomes.
- Educating the community about health and hygiene